Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome to SAHM i Yam!

What's with this weird name SAHM i Yam?
‘SAHM’ is an acronym for Stay At Home Mom and, ‘I yam’, has been happily appropriated from, that vintage cartoon macho-man, Popeye; “I yam, what I yam”. I love Popeye’s simple style of self affirmation. I am happy to adopt it. Throw in a little bit of fun from the brilliant Dr Seuss and you get the picture.

Why start SAHM i Yam? Well, admittedly it was a way to get me off of my duff and learn how to create a blog -and (maybe) get some respect from my techno-savvy kids. Another reason is to help keep the creative juices in my brain from becoming stagnant. Sharing them with you will give me just that much more incentive to be creative (and write more!). Perhaps, it could serve a deeper purpose of allowing the world to see that a lot of us stay-at-home-moms (SAHMs) might have something interesting to say -or at least something funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment