Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book Review: Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights
By Emily Bronte

A step by step story on how a family can become go from normal to “dysfunctional supreme” in just one generation. This wordy tome had me on the edge of my seat wondering what further emotional damage that jerk, Heathcliff, would inflict on his pathetic besieged family.
Also, this book is an example for why the women’s movement did us a heck of a lot of good.
I chose to read Wuthering Heights because of another book that I read by Thai author Pira Sudham; he referred to it so much in his book Monsoon Country, that I felt compelled to check it out. Also, I thought, “Geez, if a guy from Thailand is so passionate about Wuthering Heights, just what have I been missing?”

A good classic read. It reminded me of a 19th century version of Dynasty. Heathcliffe was the original JR.

No comments:

Post a Comment