Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Belated Mom's Day & Stephen Harper the Squirrel

Sorry for the late tidings! Really, the most special day of the year for SAHMs and I turn slacker on you! Not even send any greetings out at all. No excuses, but I guess, like a lot of us, I was super busy that day spending time with my Mom, sister and the family.

It was also a super glorious weekend and I gardened my fanny off. Like last year, we are growing herbs, salad greens, peas, beans, carrots, leeks, squashes, pumpkins, tomatoes, and when Eric gets around to building a squirrel/rat/raccoon-proof raised container space, we'll try potatoes again. I want a raised container style potato patch so we can put a protective chicken wire cover on it as, last year, the furry pests ravaged our potato crop (pumpkins & tomatoes too!). They dug out the potatoes and gnawed on several a night. I HATE the furry pests. I am naming the big grey leader of the squirrel pack Stephen Harper. I will try and come up with names for the raccoon and rat pack leaders soon. Suggestions welcome. Also, every once in a while, I will report on the goings on of Stephen Harper, in this blog, and let you know about the shenanigans he gets up to in my yard. He really is rather annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment